The only thing better than saving $$ on your feed bill, is getting to work with your Dad on a DIY project 🤣
Long time customer, Summer sent through a genius way to make a DIY hay feeder from a futon…. With a special appearance by her Dad.
What you need:
- 1 x old futon bed (often giveaways on local marketplace platforms). Ensure it has a grid base, instead of the slotted base.
- 2 x marine ply panels (example below) These are attached to ends to stabilise
- Metal tech screws or bolts can be used (recycle some of the bolts that form part of the folding hinges)
- Use old pallets to line the base
How to do it:
- Attach marine ply sheets to the ends of the frame with tech screws.
- Line the base with old pallets for extra stability & weight.
- Fold the base into a ‘V’ shape and screw into marine ply ends.
For longevity, paint the frame in hammertone. Hammertone paint gives a cool finish that looks like hammered sheet metal and also prevents rust. It comes in tins or spray for easy application.
Turn it into a slow feeder by attaching a slow feeder net over the top.
This project was contributed by Summer, seen here looking spectacular in her Navy Skulls PopTop 🙌